Google Places can be considered a very powerful tool by numerous company owners who are pursuing bold business goals. There are at least three reasons why you should also give it a try: it’s free, it’s easy to use and it’s incredibly effective. According to its maker, Google Places gives you the chance to attract millions of Google users in record time, without spending a dime out of your own pocket. Moreover, it comes with awesome premium options that are also free of charge, and it lets you edit and manage your listings at any given point in time. Signing up for Google Places is the first thing that you should do if you want to increase your online visibility, expand your influence locally and reach more prospects.
What’s the Link Between Google Places and Google Plus?
When business owners claim their Google Place, they also get a Google Plus page that they can use to post various company articles. We have seen through empirical evidence that the hash tags and post titles matter in local SEO tactics.
What Can Google Plus Do For Your Business?
According to Social Media Today, Google Plus offers you more than a few amazing business opportunities that you could never find elsewhere:
- Multiple Benefits at No Extra Cost. Google+ Local represents a very important component of Google Plus, which is focused on companies and their specific locations. Google+ Local lets you enhance consumer engagement and interact with your local clients better than ever before.
- Useful Arsenal. Timing+ is a handy app that allows you to measure the success rate of your updates and figure out when would be the best time to post content that would immediately capture the attention of your audience.
- Social Signals. Google search tends to favor websites that display the highest level of social credibility. In other words, both Bing and Google take a look at a few essential factors, including the number of +1s, Facebook shares and likes of a certain URL, to determine its position in search engine results.
- The Chance to Become a Thought Leader. By using Google Plus and building a large network you can increase your own web influence and become a thought leader in your sector.
Incredibly Effective Tips That You Should Follow to Upgrade Your Google Plus Page
- Use Hashtags. Buzz-worthy subjects should be highlighted by using appropriate hashtags. In some cases, Google Plus may automatically add hashtags to your content; therefore, you should always create and distribute content with the right keywords in mind.
- Stay Active and Be Sociable! Add major influencers to your circles, deliver meaningful content, post pertinent comments on other people’s posts and they will most likely return the favor. Increased efforts to create and maintain solid relationships on Google Plus will help you earn more +1s and ultimately allow you to rank higher in search engine results.
- Link Your Google Plus Page to Your Website. This way, you will make it so much easier for your fans, followers, clients and prospects to find you on Google Plus, assimilate your content, respond to your calls to action and interact with you.
- Create and Share Killer Content. Let’s face it: text-based articles and blogs are so yesterday. At this point, user-friendly multimedia content is a real hit. Content pieces that reflect a perfect balance between text, photos, infographics and video and audio are a gold mine for businesses trying to polish their competitive edge. Unlike other social networking websites, like Facebook for instance, Google Plus lends you a helping hand by allowing you to post animated GIFs.
- Integrate Your Page with Gmail and YouTube. According to Marketing Land, you can build credibility and trust by simply having all your essential Google networks (Google Plus Local, YouTube and Google Plus Author Profile) in the same account. Integration with various other platforms will increase your exposure and benefit your business.
These simple guidelines are suitable for any Google Plus newcomer and will help you maximize your revenues and your web influence in no time.