Are you eligible for Google for Nonprofits?
Make sure your organization meets the following requirements:
1. To be eligible for the Google for Nonprofits program, organizations must:
- Hold current 501(c)(3) status, as determined by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service; and
- Acknowledge and agree to the application’s required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.
Please note that the following organizations are not eligible for Google for Nonprofits:
- Governmental entities and organizations;
- Hospitals and health care organizations;
- Schools, childcare centers, academic institutions, and universities (philanthropic arms of educational organizations are eligible).
Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organization’s application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at Google’s sole discretion, and are not subject to external review.
At present, Google Ad Grants is open only to organizations based in the following countries.
Definition for charity status in the US
US Organizations must have current 501(c)(3) status, as assigned by the Internal Revenue Service, to be considered for the Google for Nonprofits program.
Note that it can take some time from when your organization receives your IRS notification of this status until your EIN appears and is updated in the online database. To be considered for the Google for Nonprofits program, your tax status must first be updated in the online database; copies of IRS letters are not sufficient for this requirement.