15 Free Press Release Distribution Sites
Originally Published August 2013 | Updated October 2019
In 2013, we posted a list of “20+ Free Press Release Distribution Sites”.
Now, we’re here to set the record straight: only 15 of those are still operating websites. And we don’t recommend that you visit any of them to get your press release out there.
How To Get News Out To People Who Care Without Press Release Distribution Sites
Create your own press release distribution system.
Who cares about what you have to announce? Your current clients? The general public? Local news outlets?
Your best bet is to find your exact audience and promote it to them exclusively. That may be by gathering your audience by asking for email addresses, creating a social media community, or running ads to promote the press release on Google or social.
What your last resort should be is blasting your press release out to everywhere and nowhere. If you can’t identify your audience, maybe press release distribution is the right step. But it can definitely be the lazy step, and can end up hurtin gyou in the long run with poor quality backlinks.
If You Really Need Them: 15 Press Release Distribution Sites
- 24-7PressRelease.com – Free release distribution with ad-support.
- 1888PressRelease.com – Free distribution, paid services gives you better placement and permanent archiving.
- ClickPress.com – Distributes to sites like Google News and Topix.net, Gold level will also get you to sites like LexisNexis.
- Express-Press-Release.com – Free distribution company with offices in 12 states.
- Free-Press-Release-Center.info – Distributes your release, offers a web page with one keyword link to your site. Pro upgrade will give you three links, permanent archiving and more.
- Newswire.com – Allows for free distribution to sites and search engines, premium membership differs only slightly in adding in graphics.
- NewswireToday.com – All the usual free distribution tools, premium service includes logo, product picture and more.
- PR.com – Not only will they distribute your press releases, but you can also set up a full company profile.
- PR9.net – Ad supported press distribution site.
- PR-Inside.com – European-based free press release site.
- PRUrgent.com – Not only distributes your release but attempts to teach you how to write one, and even offers downloadable samples for you to work with.
- PressAbout.com – A free press release service formatted as a blog.
- PRLeap.com – Free distribution to search engines, newswires, and RSS feeds. Fee-based bumps get you better placement.
- PRLog.org – Free distribution to Google News and other search engines.
- TheOpenPress.com – Gives free distribution for plain formatted releases, fees for HTML-coded releases.