Cohlab. Website Design & Marketing For Humans,
Who We Are
We are hard-core website heroes dedicated to helping businesses. Born of frustration with the status-quo, Cohlab became a way to increase transparency and communication in the website-building process, while providing digital marketing expertise.
Co-founders Cliff and Heather Robbins watched a relative’s business struggle with mounting costs and poor communication during a website build process, followed by a lack of digital marketing assistance to the fledgling website.
Cliff and Heather created Cohlab to listen to the struggles, hopes, and dreams of American small businesses, then to provide consistent, clear direction and communication, and finally to bring their efforts to fruition with a new website and effective marketing strategy.
Our team is based in Minnesota but operates remotely across the region. We’re ready to help you at a moment’s notice - just turn on the Cohlab-Signal™. We produce our websites and digital marketing locally, organically, and with fair-trade* practices. Cohlab is a Google Partner and a Grow With Google Partner.
*Not actually Fair Trade Certified™ or associated with Fair Trade USA® in any way.
Truth. Justice. And The American Way.
- Our name is Cohlab. Not COHLAB, CohLab, colab, nor Colab.
- Our name is a combination of two terms:
- Cohabitate (v. to live or exist together or in company )
- Collaborate (v. to work jointly with others or together especially in an intellectual endeavor )
- Which gave us:
- Cohlaborate (v. to work together on an intellectual endeavor, such as website design/development and marketing in Minnesota. )
- And led to:
- Cohlab (n. a website design/development and marketing agency based in Minnesota, working remotely together. )
- Our mascot is the Cohlaborator (n. the personification of Cohlab. A superhero of great renown, aiding small businesses in creating excellent websites and marketing.)
- We call ourselves the Cohlab Crew (n. the group of individuals most likely to create an outstanding website and marketing strategy for your company. )
- We have a multi-disciplined team, allowing us to provide a specialist in each area of our projects.
- We have an A+ rating on BBB and a 4.9 star average rating across all reviews.
- We’ve been in business since 2012, and have built more than 300 websites and web apps.
- We are a certified Google Partner and Grow With Google Partner.
- We cater to both the private and public sector.
- We’re a limited liability company, registered in Minnesota no. 634426200026
- We can draw up website contracts to protect you and ourselves, as well as service level agreements.
Let’s Go With A Comic Theme, Doctor Strange
- Cohlab founded in a spare bedroom of Heather & Cliff Robbins’ home in Sartell, MN.
- First employee was hired.
- Cohlab moved into their first office space in downtown St. Cloud, inside the First Street building on 1st Street N. and 10th Avenue S.
- Website designer and developer - and Web Woman - Katie Carlson was hired.
- Cohlab moved into new, bigger offices in downtown St. Cloud, inside the Engel Law Firm building on St. Germain Street and 10th Avenue S.
- Cohlab’s Free Image Search Tool was developed and launched.
- Content writer - and Captain Content - Logan Gruber was hired.
- The Trustdyx website CMS was developed and launched.
- Website designer and developer - and the Triumphant Trustdyx - Kelsey Meyer was hired.
- Heather Robbins became President of Cohlab. Cliff Robbins moved into the Chief Technology Officer role.
- Cohlab moved a portion of the team into an office in downtown Becker, inside the Becker Professional Building on Sherburne Avenue and 2nd Street SE.
- A portion of the Cohlab team went remote.
- Cohlab’s entire team went remote, leaving their office space in downtown St. Cloud.
- Cohlab rebuilt their website from the ground up.
We push the envelope. Our team has built and modified software to make our clients’ lives easier and provide new opportunities for companies to have access to websites and digital marketing. Here’s what we’ve built.
Free Image Search Tool
Developed in 2016, the Free Image Search Tool allows you to search ALL of the best free image online libraries at the same time. Using advanced Google search terms, our tool takes your search term and returns results from sites like Pixabay, Pexels, stocksnap.io, and more free image sites all at once in a single search.
Developed in 2017, Trustdyx is a wholly Cohlab-developed CMS focused on extreme security and cost-effectiveness for smaller websites. Our website offering is 99% hack-proof - accessible only from Cohlab workstations.
Since 2018, Cohlab.Reviews has been collating reviews from around the web onto Minnesota business websites. Once you have your profile set up on various review sites like Google, Facebook, Yelp, Yahoo, and others, Cohlab.Reviews can pull all of your reviews onto a single page of your website, or into a carousel. Get notifications of new reviews and send out email requests for reviews to your clients as well.
We Are An Extension Of Your Team
Heather co-founded Cohlab in 2012 to help businesses thrive in a digital world. She has focused her entire career on developing businesses and helping them concentrate on their core competencies.
Cliff co-founded Cohlab in 2012 to help small- to medium-sized businesses handle their web-based challenges. He has focused his entire post-United States Marine Corps career in various technology sectors, most significantly software development and digital strategy.
Designer | Developer | Maintenance Specialist
Katie arrived at Cohlab in March 2015 as a star website designer. She excels at seeing things from the client’s point of view and bringing a vision to life in the digital landscape while ensuring the designs are responsive and user-friendly.
Copywriter | Video Creator
Logan came to Cohlab in March 2016 with a background in television and newsprint, bringing with him a concise writing style and a natural inquisitiveness about his clients’ business, both of which serve him well as a copywriter.
Designer | Developer | Video Editor
Kelsey started with Cohlab in February 2017 with a background in graphic and website design. She quickly dove into website development as well, creating stunning websites for clients in a variety of industries.