Online Reputation Management For Your Business
Online reviews drive sales, so you’ll need to gather positive online reviews and resolve negative reviews to help bring in new customers.
Why are reviews so important? A survey by BrightLocal found 84% of respondents trust online reviews as much as recommendations from friends and family. In addition, this survey found:
- 92% of internet users read online reviews to determine the quality of a local business (positive reviews must be in the majority)
- 90% of consumers read 10 reviews or less to form an opinion (positive reviews need to be in majority and near the top)
- 54% of consumers visit a local business’ website after reading online reviews, while 19% visit the business in person and 7% contact the business via phone or email (reviews must be linked to your website)
- 73% of consumers said that reviews older than 3 months are no longer relevant while 22% only read reviews written in the last 2 weeks (reviews must be fresh)
- 74% said positive reviews increase their trust of a local business (reviews must be positive)
All of this points to positive online reviews and online reputation management for your business being a killer sales tool for you.
Positive Online Reviews Work
Building a successful business is all about trust. In light of this, the single most effective marketing tool is online reputation management!
You can manage online reviews for your business through a variety of activities, but here at Cohlab the chief drivers of our online reputation management system are:
- Automatically monitoring reviews as they are left on various review websites and manually responding to them as needed
- Automatically asking for reviews from your current customers, increasing the number of positive reviews left online and directing negative reviews to come straight to your inbox
- Compiling reviews from across all review websites and gathering them in one space on your website
Why do we ask customers for reviews? The BrightLocal survey shows that, if asked directly, 70% of your customers will post a review or give a testimonial, as compared to not asking at all.
Cohlab’s online reputation management automates the task of tactfully asking and reminding your customers for feedback, guides them through an online review process and gives you the chance to reach dissatisfied customers before they write a negative review. Research has shown that 70% of people who post negative reviews only do so in the hope that they will receive a response, so it is a huge advantage to see a negative review before it is posted online as it can then be leveraged into a positive review.
Our system also creates a ‘review stream’ on your website, showcasing the latest and greatest (4- or 5-star) reviews from around the internet, from native reviews on your website to those created on Facebook, Google or industry specific review sites. The review stream is an embedded widget, and a preview of it can be placed on the front page of your website as a rotator as well.
At Cohlab, our online reputation management system is the highest quality offering in the industry and comes with a ton of features. With it, you can have the peace of mind that you are gaining and monitoring reviews while also improving your search engine ranking.
How does your business compare?
Use our free Review Scan to generate an instant reputation report and see how your business appears on local review sites.
Cohlab Physical Address
925 1st Street South Suite 101
St Cloud, MN 56301
Cohlab Edina Office
3800 American Blvd. West Suite 1500
Bloomington, MN 55431
Phone: (320) 403-2433
Cohlab was born while visiting family in California. Our aunt and uncle, who own a small business, were frustrated by the cost of maintaining a website and confused about what technology was relevant for their web strategy.
We founded Cohlab to help small businesses create a collaborative web and mobile strategy that is both understandable and affordable.